Student ID Cards for Metro Bus Use
Showing a valid UCSC Student ID card provides students unlimited rides on Santa Cruz Metro buses. Metro service for students is funded through the Student Transit Fee. Please note: UCSC student ID cards are not accepted on Highway 17 Express buses.
Student ID cards are issued through the ID Card Services office located on the first floor of the Bay Tree Bookstore building near the Express Store. Contact ID Card Services by calling (831) 459-2990 or email email@example.com.
Summer stickers are issued through the Summer Session office located at 140 Hahn Student Services. Contact the Summer Session office by calling (831) 459-2524 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
A valid quarter sticker is necessary when showing your UCSC Student ID Card to ride Metro buses; stickers are available each quarter at your college office or board of study.
TAPS provides temporary bus passes to each college at the start of Fall quarter; these temporary Metro bus passes are distributed to new students by their college or housing unit; (if the student hasn't obtained a student ID card).
Fall 2016 temporary bus passes are valid from August 15th through October 4th.
UCSC Student ID Card Validation Sticker Dates
- All students must obtain a current sticker for their UCSC ID card by the date of the previous quarter sticker expiration, or pay the regular cash fare to ride Metro buses.
- Summer 2016 stickers on regular student ID cards are valid through October 4, 2016; Summer Slug cards with summer stickers expire on September 30, 2016.
- Spring 2016 stickers are temporarily valid in Fall from September 6 through October 4, 2016.
- Fall 2016 stickers are valid from September 6, 2016 through January 17, 2017.
- Winter 2017 stickers are valid from January 2 through April 11, 2017.
- Spring 2017 stickers are valid from April 1 through June 30, 2017.
Graduate students with a summer appointment can purchase an employee bus pass (valid July 1 – September 30) by completing the online application, or by visiting the TAPS Sales Office.
Undergraduate students registered for summer classes can get a summer sticker at the Summer Session office. Students who are employed on campus for summer are eligible to purchase a summer quarterly bus pass at the TAPS Sales Office. The current price (Summer 2016, Fall 2016, Winter 2017, and Spring 2017) is $102. Email email@example.com or visit the TAPS Sales Office for more information.