Move In Parking Information
Move In Schedule
Please download and review the Move In Schedule Maps (available in mid-August).
Thursday, September 17, 2015
Friday, September 18, 2015
Saturday, September 19, 2015
Sunday, September 20, 2015
Before You Arrive
Students moving onto campus will have received instructions from their college or housing unit regarding move in times.
Look for signs marked “WEST” for West colleges posted at Bay and Meder Street and Campus Entrance, or “EAST” for East Colleges posted at Campus Entrance and Coolidge and Hagar directing you to specific College Move In staging areas. After checking in at a Move In staging area, follow college specific signs to your designated unloading parking lot.
Check in with the residential staff when you arrive to the college move in staging area. There may be a waiting period before you are directed from the staging area to move into residence halls or apartments.
Move In Unloading Pass
Colleges issue a “Move In Unloading Pass” either before you arrive to campus (electronically or via email) or at the check-in point when you arrive to campus. This unloading pass serves as both a temporary pass to allow you to unload vehicles near residence halls and a remote parking permit for your assigned move in day only. This “Move In Unloading Pass” is valid in parking lots posted “Move In” only. These passes will not be valid on Monday, September 21st.
Core West Parking Structure lot 112, Performing Arts Lot 126, Barn Theater Lot 122, Granary Lot 118, and lower campus lots may be used for overflow parking for all Move In activity.
“NO Pet” Policy
UCSC has a strictly enforced “no pet” policy. (Animals utilized for disability accommodation as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act are permitted.) If you enter UCSC with a pet (non-service animal) you will be asked to remove your pet from campus. There are several “pet hotels” in Santa Cruz County equipped to board your pet. Check local listings.
Temporary Parking Permits: Students – Family – Friends
Students, family and friends who plan to have a car on campus before or beyond your move-in date may purchase a temporary parking permit from the TAPS Sales Office, located in Barn H of Campus Facilities. This permit is unnecessary for students who are eligible for parking and plan to purchase a permit for the academic year.
Temporary Parking Permits: Students
First and second-year student campus residents, normally ineligible to purchase parking permits, will be able to purchase a remote parking permit (remote lots only) for the one-week period following move in (September 21st – 25th).
Remember - All residential first & second-year students must remove their vehicles from campus by Saturday, September 26th unless a parking exception by appeal has been granted. Temporary permits will not be issued to students with appeals pending beyond Friday, September 25th.
Parking Permit Options
Commuting students, and residential students with 90 units, who want to purchase a parking permit for the quarter or the academic year should submit a parking permit application online at http://basx2.ucsc.edu/application2015/.
Please keep the following in mind:
• There is no parking grace period; all vehicles must display a valid parking permit when parked at UCSC. Parking enforcement hours are from 7am to 8:30pm Monday through Friday in most campus parking lots. Some parking lots required parking permits 24/7; check signs at parking lot entrances for permit requirements.
• If you have questions about parking permit orders or eligibility email email@example.com or call (831) 459-4543 (leave a voicemail and a staff representative will return your call as soon as possible).
• Half hour free parking will be available (7am–5pm) in select rows of Campus Facilities Lot 116 for persons going to the TAPS Sales Office to purchase a parking permit.
• 1-Day Temporary “R” Remote Permit is $4.00 and valid for parking in one of our three campus remote lots (not available online).
• A separate application is required for each vehicle.
• Be prepared to provide vehicle registration prior to receiving parking permit.
• A vehicle license plate number is required to complete your permit transaction. If your vehicle is new and you are without plates, provide the last 6 digits of your VIN number.
• All permits must be paid via credit card at the time of application submittal - credit cards are securely routed through our cart to TAPS staff for processing in the office, they are not charged via the web site.
• If your application is submitted by 11:59pm, September 1st, your parking permit will be mailed to you. If not, it will be held for pick-up. If you apply after this deadline you will need to purchase a permit in person.
• If you purchase your parking permit in person, expect to wait in 20-45 minutes lines.