Parking Permit Requirements
• During finals and quarter break (March 20 through March 30) parking permit requirements will be enforced in campus parking lots and at parking meters and paystations
• On Friday, March 31 parking permits will not be required in campus parking lots and at parking meters and paystations (due to holiday not falling within the quarter). In general, permits are not required on the main campus during University holidays with the following exceptions:
- in lots where permits are required at all times
- in posted reserved parking spaces
- when parking attendants are present during a special event
• More information about parking lots with extended permit requirements can be found at taps.ucsc.edu/parking/park-for-free
• Weekend parking permit requirements information for March 25 – 26, and April 1 – 2 is available on the Weekend Parking page
Finals Shuttle Service Modifications
UCSC shuttle service will be modified during final exams (Monday, March 20 – Friday, March 24) to accommodate the winter 2017 final examination schedule.
Upper Campus Route
Upper Campus buses depart the remote lots only at these times:
7:25am, 7:40am, 7:55am (No departures after 7:55am until 11:25am)
11:25am, 11:40am, 11:55am (No departures after 11:55am until 3:25pm)
3:25pm, 3:40pm, 3:55pm (No departures after 3:55pm until 6:55pm)
6:55pm, 7:10pm, 7:25pm (No departures after 7:25pm)
East to west Loop buses leave the main entrance stop from 7:25am to 10:50pm.
West to east Loop buses leave the Barn Theater stop from 7:20am to 10:40pm.
Night Core Routes
East and West Night Core buses operate from 7:00pm to 10:30pm (with last departures at 10:30pm).
Night Owl buses operate on March 17th, 18th, and 24th (3/24/17 is last date of winter quarter Night Owl service). Spring quarter Night Owl service starts on Friday, April 7.
Westside Bike Shuttle
The Westside (CVS) Bike Shuttle schedule will be modified as follows; a shuttle departs CVS every 15 minutes from 7:00am to 11:30am at 00:, :15, :30, and :45.
Intersession Shuttle Service
Intersession shuttle service operates from Monday, March 27 through Thursday, March 30 on the following schedules:
Loop Routes - During quarter break the shuttle schedule will be reduced to day Loop bus service only. East to west Loop buses depart the main entrance bus stop at :40, :00, and :20, from 7:40am to 6:00pm (last departure from the main entrance at 6:00pm). West to east Loop buses depart the Barn Theater bus stop at :10, :30, and :50, from 7:50am to 5:50pm (last departure from the Barn Theater stop at 5:50pm).
Westside Bike Shuttle
The Westside (CVS) Bike Shuttle departs CVS at 7:10am, 7:40am, 7:45am, 8:10am, 8:40am, 8:45am, 9:10am, and 9:40am.
UCSC Shuttle Non-Service Dates
UCSC shuttle service does not operate on:
March 25 – March 26
March 31 (UCSC holiday)
April 1 – April 2
Night Owl buses do not operate from:
March 25 – April 6
Spring quarter day and night shuttle service resumes on Monday, April 3rd.
Santa Cruz Metro Buses
Santa Cruz Metro buses will run on a non-school-term schedule from March 27 – April 2 (Highway 17 Express buses will run regular weekday and weekend schedules). For more information on Metro and Highway 17 Express bus schedules during UCSC quarter break call the Metro Customer Service Department (831) 425-8600.