Night Permit Requirements and Hours
Parking permits are required until 8:30 p.m. Monday through Friday in most close-in campus parking lots.
- Those already in possession of a valid A or B parking permit do not need to purchase an additional permit to park during evening hours. C parking permit holders do not need to purchase an additional permit to park in their designated C permit lot during evening hours.
- R and C permit holders can park in Hahn Lot 101, Kresge Lot 142, and College Eight Lot 146 after 5:00 p.m.
Parking lots with extended permit requirement hours include:
- Permits are required 24/7, including holidays, in all Family Student Housing parking lots and in all apartment parking lots including Crown/Merrill Apartments, Redwood Grove Apartments, and Graduate Student Apartments.
- Permits are required 24/7 in Social Sciences Lots 164 & 165.
- Metered parking in campus lots requires payment until 8:30 p.m. weekdays, except in lots where parking enforcement stops at 5:00 p.m.; check signs at lot entrance.
Parking lots designated free after 5:00 p.m. include: Lot 104 East Remote, Lot 115 Carriage House, Lot 116 Campus Facilities, Lot 117 Cook House, Lot 118 Granary, Lot 122 Barn Theater, Lot 127 West Remote, Lot 137 Shop Barn, Lot 150 North Perimeter, Lot 151 Cardiff House, and Lot 170 Blacksmith Shop.
Paystations for night parking are located in Cowell/Stevenson Lot 107, Stevenson Lot 109, Porter Lot 125, Performing Arts Lot 126, Hahn Lot 101, Oakes/College Eight Lot 162, OPERS Lot 103, and Core West Lot 112 (Parking Structure). Starting at 4:30pm these pay stations offer a flat rate of $4 on weeknights; the $4 flat rate is also offered all day on Saturday and Sunday for Cowell/Stevenson Lot 107, Stevenson Lot 109 and Lot 110, Porter Lot 124 and 125, and Performing Arts Lot 126.
Two types of night parking permits are available on an annual, quarterly, and daily basis for persons requiring only weekday evening access to campus parking. Both types of permits cost $120 annually, $35 quarterly, or $4 nightly:
- NC Night Commuter permits allow eligible commuting undergraduates access to the Core West parking structure, the East Field House and most college parking lots after 4:30 p.m.
- N Night permits provide employees, graduate students, guests and visitors access to any campus N parking lots after 3:30 p.m.
- Campus residents are not eligible to purchase N or NC permits.
Employees and students: Complete an online parking permit application for an annual or quarterly N Night or NC Night parking permit now.
Detailed information about night parking for visitors is available on the visitor parking page.