TAPS offers free remote motorcycle parking, by application, in three campus locations; East Remote Lot 104 (map of location), West Remote Lot 127 (map of location), and in the Granary Lot 118 (map of location). This program is available to all students and employees. Motorcycle commuters can apply for a free remote motorcycle permit online or at the TAPS Sales Office.
Close-in MC Motorcycle Parking Permits
Motorcycle parking zones are located in most campus parking lots. All campus affiliates (including residential freshmen and sophomore students) may purchase a motorcycle parking permit.
All UCSC affiliates (all students, staff, and faculty) may purchase a motorcycle permit as follows:
- $198 for Annual MC permit valid from July 1 through June 30 of following year
- $165 for Academic Year MC permit for employees valid from September 1 through June 30 of following year
- $148.50 for Academic Year MC permit for students valid from September 15 through June 15 of following year
- $99 for MC permit valid from January 1 through June 30 of any given year
- $20 for one month, $6 for one week, $2 for one day
In addition, employees may purchase a multi-year motorcycle permit. The cost is the same as the annual permit ($198), but is paid for through monthly ($16.50) payroll deduction (until the permit is turned in to the TAPS Sales Office). The permit holder does not have to re-apply for a permit each year.
Motorcycle Permit Long Term Display
Annual or Academic Year Motorcycle stickers are applied directly on the motorcycle where it will be visible to parking enforcement staff. If someone wishes to display the sticker on more than one motorcycle (or does not want to adhere a sticker to their motorcycle for esthetic reasons) they can make their own, or borrow a cable-lock permit holder from the parking office ($15 deposit).