Retiree Permits and Bus Passes
How To Apply for an Annual Parking Permit or Metro Bus Pass
Annual A parking permits and Metro bus passes are valid from July 1st through June 3oth of each year. UCSC retirees and emeriti must apply each year to receive a complimentary A parking permit or annual Metro bus pass.
It is recommended that retirees complete the online application two weeks prior to the time the permit or bus pass is needed, to allow time for processing. If you would like to receive your permit or bus pass by mail choose the mail option on the application.
Eligibility for a Retiree Parking Permit or Metro Bus Pass
The following conditions must be met to be eligible to receive a complimentary A parking permit or annual Metro bus pass:
- The retiree must have worked at least two years at UC Santa Cruz.
- The retiree must have retired from UC Santa Cruz.
- The retiree may not be working on the campus in the employ of an outside agency, working on the campus in a paid position that is grant funded, or performing duties for the University on a paid contractual basis.
- The parking permit or bus pass must be turned in to the TAPS Sales Office if the person returns to compensated status.
- The parking permit or bus pass is for the exclusive use of the retiree only; bus passes are not transferable.
To complete the online application click on the "Apply for a Parking Permit" link at the bottom right-hand side of this page.
Need Additional Information? Send us an email or call 831/459-4543.