Parking and Program Refunds

Long-term Permits

(A, B, C, R, N, NC, O, MC, RMC)

Long-term parking permits may be returned for a pro-rated refund; refunds are issued after your returned permit is received at the TAPS Sales Office. 

Refunds are calculated from the date permits and employee bus passes are received at the TAPS Sales Office—return your permit or bus pass promptly for the maximum refund. The unused value of a parking permit is calculated using one month increments.

If you have graduated, left school, separated from University employment or simply no longer need a parking permit return it to the TAPS Sales Office between 7:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.

Please include a note with your name, current mailing address and student ID number if you choose to return your permit by mail to:

TAPS Sales Office
UC Santa Cruz
1156 High Street
Santa Cruz, CA 95064

Lost or Stolen Long-term Permits

If your permit has been stolen, please report the theft to the law enforcement agency that has jurisdiction where the theft occurred. You must have a case number before a replacement permit can be issued. There will be a $20 administrative fee for the replacement. Your stolen permit will be added to a Police Lost/Stolen list. If the stolen permit is used at a later date, the vehicle in question may be cited.

If your permit is lost, please come to the TAPS sales office to report the loss. You will be required to fill out a lost report and there will be a $20 administrative fee. Your lost permit will be added to a Police Lost/Stolen list. If the lost permit is used at a later date, the vehicle in question may be cited.

Daily Scratch-off Permits

(A, A/Construction, Limited A/Construction, Departmental Daily, Departmental 4-hour)

There are no refunds, replacements or exchanges for unused scratch-off permits; we recommend that you purchase only what you will utilize in the current calendar year. Scratch-off permits are valid through December of the last year on the front of the permit. TAPS will not refund, replace or exchange a permit that has expired, been altered, mis-scratched, damaged, lost or stolen.

Please Note: As an exception to the standard no refund/exchange policy, TAPS is allowing all affiliates with individually-issued scratch-off permits expiring 12/31/2021 to exchange their permits for new ones with a later expiration date. Permits must be exchanged prior to January 31, 2022. Permits issued to Departments, or that expired in 2020 are not eligible for exchange.

Need additional information? Send us an email or call (831) 459-4543.